A.A. Degree in Liberal Arts, Bakersfield College
B.S. Degree in Liberal Arts, CSU Bakersfield
M.S. Degree in School Counseling, CSU Bakersfield
Administrative Services Credential, Fresno Pacific University
Dear Olive Drive Parents,
As we begin the 2015-2016 school year together, I wanted to take the time to introduce myself. My educational career began in the Norris School District in 2000. It's been a pleasure to serve our children in the Norris School District for the last fifteen years as a teacher, school counselor, dean of students, and principal. No matter what my educational role has been here in the district, my goals and commitments have always remained the same- to help each and every child learn, grow and be the best he/she can be. As your child's principal, I assure you my goals and commitments have grown even stronger. We have an outstanding, dedicated staff and I feel so privileged to be part of the Olive Drive team. To help you and your child start the school year, here are a couple of items the staff and I would like to bring to your attention:
- Make sure your child arrives to school on time everyday. School begins at 8:14 a.m.
- Dismissal times are TK/K @ 1:35, 1st-3rd @ 2:15, and 4th-6th @ 2:45.
- Pick up and drop off for TK/K is located by the K classrooms near Room 10. Pick up locations for grades 1st-3rd is at the front of the school. Parents, we ask that you park your car in either the West parking lot or on Darrin Ave. and meet your child in front of the school. Pick up locations for grades 4th-6th is either the West parking lot or on Evergreen Ave. (East gate).
- Review our district dress standards for students. Please refer to the district newsletter or you can review the dress standards on our district website.
- Read all information that comes home with your child and return all necessary forms back to school as soon as possible.
I look forward to working with you in developing a long lasting partnership in your child's education. Together, we can help your child achieve and succeed here at Olive Drive Elementary.